Sunday, August 8, 2010

Las Vegas Home + Gift Market Aug. 2010

Last week I visited the Las Vegas Home + Gift show at the World Market Center Las Vegas.  It was the inaugural Gift show at the Las Vegas World Market Center, and promised lavish displays of fresh new products in the gift and home decor market.

The market offered more than 1500 manufacturers showing their wares in three buildings on their state of the art campus, and offers products in all categories, including furniture, accessories, gifts, lighting, home textiles and rugs, floor coverings and more.


Las Vegas World Market Center hosted three shows concurrently- the Las Vegas Market, which offers mainly furniture and decorative accessories for the home, the Gift + Home show and Vegas Kids.  


 It was my first visit to the Las Vegas World Market Center.  I was excited to see what different vendors were here, vs the ones I visit regularly at the Atlanta Gift mart twice yearly.

Getting to the market was super easy. They offered charter bus service from most area hotels, But if you chose to  drive in, the market offers free parking in their garage right next door.

 I just hopped on the bus at the Mandalay Bay Tour lobby and a few minutes later was climbing off at the bustling Market Center.  It is an impressive sight, three tall buildings overshadowing a courtyard bustling with people.  I started at Bldg C, where I found the Gift Temps on the 5th floor.  I was  happy to run into some people I had spoken with at the Atlanta show in July, it was nice that they remembered me.  I really like their muscle car shelvings and decor.  After walking all of the temps on the 5th floor, I made my way up to the 9th floor where I found many showrooms from vendors I am familiar with - Sylvestri, Demdaco, Midwest, Raz, Transpac and more. I had visited most of these showrooms in July in Atlanta, so a quick breeze through was all I needed.

I didn't get to stay as long as I would  have liked. I had guests  back at the hotel, so after walking most of Bldg C I hopped on the bus and headed back to the hotel.    I had tickets for the 9.30 showing of Cirque du Soliel's KA at the MGM Grand that night, so I thought it best  to get back, get everyone rounded up, polished up then hit the Vegas Strip and sample some of the action that Sin City is famous for.

I love Vegas and I'm sure I'll be back again soon.


http://www.giftandhomelv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis