Thursday, August 26, 2010

How about a nice Hawaiian Punch?

  I've been pokin' around trying to find some yummy but easy to make cocktails for a Luau party.  Drink recipes sure are not  hard to find these days.    I've found quite a few good choices for food, too - Kalua Pig,  Waikiki Meatballs.

But leave it to the folks at Kraft to have a great collection of easy to make and serve recipes.  I think this is what we'll try to make for dinner Saturday night.  It looks really good.












or these quesadillas look really easy to  make and  not very expensive for the ingredients either.  That's important to me when I am trying to fix enough for a crowd. 



 This recipe was also found at KraftRecipes.com



I think this Mai Tai recipe looks pretty good.  
We already have a lot of different kinds of rums, plus stuff for piña colada and all types of fruity daiquiris. Plus, I've already got all the liquor we'll need for these mai tais, we'll just have to get the fruit juices.     And I do  have paper umbrellas!


Traditional Tropical Drink Recipes

Mai Tai
Invented by the famous Trader Vic in 1944, “Mai Tai” means literally “the very best “ in the Tahitian language.


1 oz Light Rum
1 oz Dark Rum
1 oz Orange Curacao or Grand Marnier (Triple Sec can substitute)
1/2 oz Amaretto (Almond liqueur)
1 oz Orange Juice
1 oz Pineapple Juice
1 Dash lime juice
1 Dash Grenadine

Shake well and pour over ice. Garnish with a Cherry and Orange slice if available. Don’t forget the paper umbrella!

I found this one at hawaiianluauparty.com










No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis